Website ASC Engineered Solutions, LLC.
Building Connections That Last
About the Company
Following the 2019 merger of Anvil International and Smith-Cooper International, our unified company relaunched in March 2021 as ASC Engineered Solutions. Under a single name and logo, ASC Engineered Solutions continues our focus on improving the customer experience every day and striving to deliver service excellence. For more than 150 years we have provided the finest-quality pipe products and services with integrity and dedication to superior customer service at all levels. ASC Engineered Solutions provides expertise and product solutions for a wide range of applications, from plumbing and mechanical, HVAC, industrial and fire protection to mining, and oil and gas. Our comprehensive line of products includes: pipe couplings, plain-end fittings, valves, cast and malleable iron fittings, forged steel fittings, steel pipe nipples and couplings, pipe hangers and hardware, channel and strut fittings, mining and oil field fittings, and much more.
Engineering Sales Specialist
We are seeking a dynamic individual to fill our Engineering Sales Specialist role, located in the Northeast. This position will be responsible for the development and strengthening of our specification position at the engineer and owner level in a given territory, for all company products. This will be accomplished through a balanced multi-market approach, utilizing an account/project-based goals and objectives program. This position reports to Business Development Director and will work strategically with Regional Sales Managers and the Mechanical Sales Team.
- Develops and implements a yearly game plan that achieves an improved specification position, focused on all applicable products. Particular attention will be given to proprietary products and their technical specification so we can preclude competitive products from use.
- Responsible for penetrating and increasing the company’s position at agreed to target accounts (owners, engineers, construction managers and limited contractors).
- Develops a complete understanding of:Product features/benefits, account hierarchy, market and product applications and technical language/wording
- Specifications as an industry document, its content and language
- Competitive products and positioning
- Documents all activity in CRM through the account /project screens
- Develops and maintains industry relationships including joining all applicable associations
- Fulfills all corporate administrative requirements.
- Understands the construction cycle and successfully influences decision-makers at all levels to maximize company sales/specification potential.
- Investigates and reports on market trends, competitor activity, etc.
- Communicates and coordinates activities with their regional counterparts when applicable
- Drive Plan through Account/Project Development through all levels
Use of CRM as key communication toolMinimum standards are met as per corporate requirements
- Meets required reporting procedures as established by corporate
- All activities should be ‘geared’ toward profitable sales
- Communication and cross-functional use is critical
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Personal Attributes):
- College graduate with an Engineering degree. Mechanical Engineering preferred but will consider other disciplines and years of commercial construction industry direct experience.
- Previous sales experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated, confident.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, professional image.
- Willing to travel overnight.
- Ideally located near a major metropolitan area with easy access to airport.
- Team player.
- Competitive, flexible, and resilient by nature.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.