Website ASC Engineered Solutions, LLC.
Building Connections That Last
ASC Engineered Solutions is a premier services and solutions provider of valves, fittings, and supports. The company provides product solutions globally to more than 4,000 customers across diverse end markets that include mechanical/HVAC, industrial, fire protection, oil and gas, commercial and residential construction, agriculture, food and chemical processing and waterworks. The company has headquarters in Commerce, California and Exeter, New Hampshire, and ISO 9001:2015 certified manufacturing facilities in PA, TN, IL, TX, AL, NJ and RI as well as international manufacturing partners.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to fill our Outside Sales opening for a Mechanical Specialist with a territory that will cover Northern California. Primary sales are directed toward established distributors within the territory. Working under the direction of the Regional Sales Manager, the Mechanical Specialist is provided the opportunity to learn or expand upon his/her knowledge of the water distribution industry and sales knowledge/strategies, all while earning a competitive base salary plus commissions. Company car and full benefit offerings make for a well-rounded total package for the right individual.
- Manage and grow sales in assigned territory.
- Call on end product users to promote new and existing product lines and develop favorable specification position.
- Provide complete service to established distributor network including: quotations, product training, technical and literary support, product complaints, inventory maintenance and delivery issues.
- Perform product training for end users and distributors to promote advantages of grooved products and enhance specification position.
- Develop cooperative relationships with key distributors and end user personnel to enhance product demand.
- Establish sales goals and specification bid opportunities and provide complete project information, including price strategy.
- Provide after sale service support, including warranty and claims management.
- Actively participate in trade organizations to promote Anvil/Smith-Cooper products.
- Continuously update end users database for territory.
- Provide Corporate Sales office with monthly sales forecast and market overview.
- A minimum of five (5) years outside sales experience in the HVAC, Plumbing and/or Fire Protection industry or related field (construction, piping, etc.).
- A strong understanding of the Mechanical Market.
- Requires strong analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, decision making and ability to plan and accomplish required goals.
- Valid driver’s license with no major violations.
- Ability to cover large geographical sales territory by car and/or airplane.
- Intermediate computer experience with particular proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoints programs.
- High level of outgoing interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Comfortable with public speaking engagements and the ability to deliver presentations to large groups.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business, engineering, communications or related field.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude.
- Primary work days will be Monday through Friday; work hours will vary based on customer hours and may require overnight travel. Evening customer meetings and/or entertainment may be required during sales travel. This position works out of a home office.