Category: Total Rewards
Position Type: Full time
Job Summary: The Benefits Manager is responsible for overseeing and administering the employee benefits program for the organization. This role involves designing, implementing, and managing various benefits packages to attract and retain top talent, as well as ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations. The Benefits Manager also communicates with employees regarding their benefits, resolves benefit-related issues, and assists with benefit-related budgeting and cost analysis.
Benefits Program Management:
- In conjunction with the Director of Total Rewards, Senior Leadership, and the benefits broker, develop and refine the company’s benefits strategy in alignment with company goals and best practices. Design, develop, and manage employee benefits programs, including health and welfare programs, retirement plans, wellness programs, and other offerings.
- Manage 401(k) plan administration, including audit process, and related vendor management.
- Manages the organization's wellness program, including program design and administration, vendor selection and management.
- Evaluate and select benefit providers and negotiate contracts to ensure competitive and cost-effective benefit options.
- Establish periodic audits to ensure plans remain accurate and legally compliant. Oversee annual compliance requirements including but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, SARs, 5500 filings, audits and non-discrimination testing, and manage Affordable Care Act reporting and compliance.
- Stay updated on changing legislation and make necessary adjustments to the benefits program.
- Create and deliver clear and informative materials to educate employees about their benefits options. Organize information sessions and provide ongoing support to ensure employees fully understand and utilize their benefits.
- Assist employees in understanding their benefits, addressing questions, and resolving issues.
- Oversee the open enrollment process, including conducting informational meetings, managing the enrollment system, and processing benefit elections.
Budget and Cost Analysis:
- Monitor and manage the budget for employee benefits, including tracking costs, assessing cost-sharing strategies, and recommending cost-saving measures.
- Proactively identify, document and implement process improvements. Maintain accurate records of employee benefits, including enrollment data, claims, and utilization statistics.
- Ensure billing is consistently and accurately submitted and reconciled.
- Manage relationships with benefits vendors and carriers, including contract negotiations, service level agreements, and performance evaluations, to ensure the highest level of service to employees.
Benefits Analysis and Reporting:
- Analyze the effectiveness of benefit programs and prepare reports on usage, costs, and employee satisfaction.
- Make recommendations for improving benefit offerings based on data and feedback.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. A master's degree or relevant certifications (e.g., Certified Employee Benefit Specialist – CEBS) can be a plus.
- Eight or more years of experience in benefits administration or a related HR role.
- Strong knowledge of benefits laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in HR software and benefit administration systems. Preferred experience in Workday and ADP, but not required.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
Following is a list of physical and mental requirements identified as necessary to achieve the essential functions of this role:
- Attendance – Ability to maintain the scheduled days and hours, including onsite presence at the assigned location as specified.
- Physical Capacities – Lift up to 25 pounds on occasion, sitting and standing for extended periods.
- Operation of Office Equipment — Job requires operation of equipment common to office settings, including computers, copiers, and other office equipment, including Near Vision, Manual Dexterity, and working in proximity to equipment.
- Oral Communication Skills – Speaking, Speech Clarity, and Speech Recognition.
- Written Communication Skills – Writing, Reading and Written Comprehension, and Written Expression.
- Mental Capacities – Achievement/Effort, Active Listening, Adaptability/Flexibility, Analytical Thinking, Attention to Detail, Category Flexibility, Concern for Others, Cooperation and Coordination, Critical Thinking, Deductive Reasoning, Dependability, Independence, Inductive Reasoning, Information Ordering, Initiative, Innovation, Maintenance of Relationships, Integrity, Oral Comprehension and Expression, Problem Sensitivity, Selective Attention, Self-Control, Service Orientation, Social Orientation, Social Perceptiveness, Stress Tolerance, Support, and Time Management.
Our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
Medical and Dental Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
Company-paid Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO) – plus paid holidays
Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional Voluntary Benefits through Corestream
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! Reece USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer— Employer Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, and any other status protected by law.