Category: MSC Jobs
Position Type: Full time
Cable/Field/ Technician – Remote
- Installing and basic configuration of Data Communications equipment, and network cabling.
- Perform emergency response and troubleshooting on network systems with network vendors and team members.
- Perform physical network route checks and audits in designated region.
- Working with team members to acquire needed equipment for the network and systems.
- Assist network engineers as needed to ensure new features and fixes are swiftly tested and implemented with no negative impact to customers or network performance.
- Perform routine network device and circuit inventory
- Provide concise weekly updates to management and effectively present project status to leadership.
- Perform all other duties as needed and assigned.
- 1 to 3 years work experience as a network technician or field technician in large network environment.
- Experience with equipment and cable installation / labeling.
- Experience with cleaning and maintaining physical network, with proper cable management best practices.
- Experience with network equipment.
- Experience with Ethernet Access Devices.
- Experience troubleshooting network outages of various types to include OSP / ISP.
- Experience with various network testing platforms.
- Basic knowledge of services, network devices, knowledge base solutions, and system monitoring tools.
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards.
- Knowledge of and experience in using different ticketing software.
- Strong documentation & communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Reliable transportation
- Plus to have tools of the data communications trade
Selected candidates must reside in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico or Nevada.
Our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.