Category: MSC Jobs
Position Type: Full time
The role of the Category Manager is to manage the supplier selection and performance, ensure the correct product mix is established and the overall category performance is at an optimal level to achieve the company vision and successfully implement the Greatness Blueprint. The Category Manager will effectively communicate the company vision and strategy throughout the department and lead, inspire, coach and support reporting staff to successfully implement the Greatness Blueprint.
To improve the lives of our customers and our people by striving for greatness every day
Embrace the Culture
- Embrace the company purpose and live the values – behavior and action consistently demonstrate the values
- Effectively communicate with others in a positive, constructive and respectful manner
- Spend time developing strong working relationships, providing feedback, information and support needed to enable individuals to achieve their best
- Actively participate in Health Checks and implement Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to develop and grow
- Drive the quarterly theme and key activities within your function that align back to the overall annual or quarterly objectives of the company
- Actively participate in meetings
Support the implementation of the Strategy
- Clearly understand each strategic pillar and the target outcomes
- Reinforce the Strategy:
- Pillar One – Customer Focus – Being the primary supplier to all our customers by providing them with the very best customized service
- Pillar Two – People & Leadership – Creating an environment that allows our people to discover their best and live the REECE Values
- Pillar Three – Continuous Improvement – Developing & implementing best practice, intuitive single systems
Custodian of the REECE market brand
- Take ownership and contribute to the delivery of service, quality, relationships and expertise
- Implement the Service Standards by having the right behaviors, actions and doing the simple things great everyday
- Demonstrate commitment to creating customers for life
- Demonstrate commitment to building relationships with vendors
Supplier selection, negotiations & performance
- Ensure supplier agreements terms and arrangements comply to Reece quality standards, price and delivery expectations
- Ensure thorough preparation and execution of supplier review meetings
- Develop procedures to supplier effective supplier management arrangements
- Negotiate within parameters, appropriate trading terms for the effective and efficient supply of products/materials as approved/directed by scheduled forecast plans
- Manage and monitor supplier performance
- Manage the supplier relationship with Reece
- Ensure that Reece has the correct supplier mix to enable market competitiveness
- Ensure we are purchasing at prices that enable to compete& make a fair profit
- Manage share of suppliers spend
- Ensure all negotiations comply to Reece standards / operating procedures
Category & product mix management
- Ensure Reece is dealing with the most appropriate supplier(s) in each product category
- Manage multiple sourcing in particular for high volume products
- Ensure we have the product mix to meet customer demand
- Manage the paradox of choice to optimise the product portfolio
- Manage Individual product pricing to ensure Reece remains competitive
VAP & New Product Development
- Develop procurement plans which will enable the efficient supply of finished products/materials to meet forecasts and business demands
- Ensure all products sourced meets Reece quality specifications/standards
- Category Sales
- Category Margin
- Category Growth
- Reducing Total Inventory Days
- Reducing Amount of Slow and Obsolete Stock
Following is a list of physical and mental requirements identified as necessary to achieve the essential functions of this role:
- Attendance – Ability to maintain the scheduled days and hours, including onsite presence at the assigned location as specified.
- Physical Capacities – Lift up to 25 pounds on occasion, sitting and standing for extended periods.
- Operation of Office Equipment — Job requires operation of equipment common to office settings, including computers, copiers, and other office equipment, including Near Vision, Manual Dexterity, and working in proximity to equipment.
- Oral Communication Skills – Speaking, Speech Clarity, and Speech Recognition.
- Written Communication Skills – Writing, Reading and Written Comprehension, and Written Expression.
- Mental Capacities – Achievement/Effort, Active Listening, Adaptability/Flexibility, Analytical Thinking, Attention to Detail, Category Flexibility, Concern for Others, Cooperation and Coordination, Critical Thinking, Deductive Reasoning, Dependability, Independence, Inductive Reasoning, Information Ordering, Initiative, Innovation, Maintenance of Relationships, Integrity, Oral Comprehension and Expression, Problem Sensitivity, Selective Attention, Self-Control, Service Orientation, Social Orientation, Social Perceptiveness, Stress Tolerance, Support, and Time Management.
Our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
Medical and Dental Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
Company-paid Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO) – plus paid holidays
Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional Voluntary Benefits through Corestream
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! Reece USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer— Employer Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, and any other status protected by law.