NORTHEASTERN SUPPLY INC
CDL A Tractor Trailer Driver CDL A Tractor Trailer Driver – CDC- Aberdeen, MD
Category(s): Warehouse Operations
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Shift: -not applicable-
The CDL A Truck Driver will work with other members of the distribution team to increase company profitability and customer satisfaction by delivering complete, accurate, and on-time transfer deliveries to the company. Driver will represent the company in a highly professional, safe, and cost-effective manner that complies with DOT and other applicable regulations.
- Prepare truck for operation by assisting in and overseeing the loading of trucks, securing of items, and verifying the accuracy of shipping papers.
- Deliver orders via the most effective route to ensure complete orders are delivered according to established time frames and customers’ needs.
- Document delivery, accuracy, and receipt of orders by the customer according to company directives; report any discrepancies to the company.
- Maintain and monitor truck maintenance and meet driving record requirements; maintain required documents for safety, security, and quality processes.
- Maintain a safe driving record free of violations.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain communication with the company during deliveries to ensure any updated instructions are received.
- Inspect truck tires, lights, brakes, fluids, etc. to ensure safe and cost-effective performance with preventive maintenance in mind.
- Safely operate forklifts and other warehouse equipment as required.
- Minimum 1-2 years work experience.
- Current CDL Class A Driver’s License.
- Clean MVA record.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Requires long periods of sitting.
- Frequently ascends/descends from truck during deliveries.
- Temperature of work area may be affected by outside temperature.