Website Dakota Supply Group
Dakota Supply Group (DSG) is seeking an Inside Sales – Electrical Associate in our Fargo, ND location. This will be a full-time hourly position. Shifts will range between 6:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday. This position will be responsible for writing orders, taking calls, preparing project bids, and providing overall customer service. Sales and/or customer service experience is required.
Since our founding in 1898—with roots dating back to 1868, DSG has been dedicated to providing all the right connections to our customers in the electrical; plumbing; HVAC; refrigeration; communications; utility; automation; waterworks; on-site sewer, water and well; filtration and metering technology industries. We carry more than 65,000 products from the top brands, but that’s only the beginning. Our experienced team of specialists provide customers with solutions that help them to maximize their employees’ productivity and increase their company’s profitability. Plus, DSG is an employee-owned (ESOP) organization. That means you are always working with an owner, and consequently, your success is recognized as the foundation of our own.
Specific Duties of the Inside Sales:
- Provides overall customer service including responding to customer questions and concerns (on product availability, delivery, pricing, billing, product information and capability, and ability to return product) and to customer complaints (on missing orders, missing items, shipping errors, etc.).
- Acts as primary inside customer contact for assigned customers, as well as back-up contact for unassigned customers.
- Acts as primary facilitator for customer ordering process, including: processing all types of customer orders, order corrections, responding to open order and back order inquiries, responding to customer requests for product returns, and suggesting changes for improving overall order process.
- Generates customer quotations and follows up with regard to the status of those quotations.
- Continues education on latest improvements/changes on equipment/product or codes through a variety of means (manufacturer schools, trade shows, tech schools, vendor meetings/training, trade journals, etc.).
- May serve as Counter backup, as needed.
- Provide troubleshooting and product application assistance to customers and technical support to other associates and customers
- Work with other sales team members to resolve customer service issues in a timely manner
- Identify and proactively respond to opportunities to promote the sale of additional products
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Inside Sales Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent, with secondary or post-secondary coursework concentrated in a related field, or equivalent on the job experience as determined by the company.
- Product and technical knowledge that would normally be acquired in two or more years of college or technical school and 3-5 years of field experience or equivalent training in residential/commercial application in applicable industry/product line.
- Physical ability to lift up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis, and up to 100 lbs. on an occasional basis (when counter backup or filling an order).
- Prior computer knowledge, experience and skills helpful.
- Outstanding interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow-through/follow-up
- Active listener – can easily determine customer needs
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, including phone skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, with employer match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Teledoc, a virtual telehealth benefit
- Referral bonus
- Generous PTO Allowance & Extended Medical Leave
- Volunteer hours
- Length of Service awards
- Employee discounts on DSG supplied products!
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- And more!