Category: MSC Jobs
Position Type: Full time
DevOps Engineer Sr. Professional
The Reece Infrastructure & Operation Team is looking for a DevOps Engineer. You will be responsible for building and maintaining an end-to-end DevOps solution within a scalable, reactive architecture across multiple environments (development, test, and production) within a hybrid cloud. This will involve being creative and innovative in order to support multiple groups performing joint development with differing requirements for DevOps. You will work with the end user to make sure that the solution works in rapid, efficient and meaningful ways. The team you will work on will be fast moving, always interested in the best technical solution and always open to new ideas that make the product better. We looking for a candidate with strong infrastructure experience background and not a developer.
Current technology stack:
Web Apps: React, Apollo Client, Java, GraphQL API, RestFul API, Elastic App Search
Internal Mobile Apps: ReactNative, Apollo Client, GraphQL API, RestFul API
Internal Api’s and Core Services: Graph QL, Express (Rest API), Node.js, Docker, Sprint Boot (Framework), JPA/Hibernate (ORM), Liquidbase (DB Migrations), Java and Docker
Eclipse Connector Service: ASP.net WebAPI 2, .NET framework 4.6, Windows Service Core 2019 and EC2
Search ETL: AWS Lamba, Step Functions, and Node.js
Infrastructure: Terraform and AWS config, Kubernates Core Services Orchestration, EKS, Fargate (serverless Kubernates workers) and Helm
Software CM, CI/CD: GitHub, Circle CI, Octopus
- Champion modern DevOps principles on respective scrum team(s)
- Drive CI/CD best practices
- Ensure monitoring alerting
- Build infrastructure as code
- Provide systems monitoring and log aggregation
- Collection, management, and analysis of performance data
- Operation support including capacity planning, service requests, incident management, and response
- Experience incorporating infrastructure as code and CI/CD principles with database migrations
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field and 5+ years industry experience as DevOps Engineer
- STRONG experience with AWS
- Familiar with container formats (ex. Docker, Kubernetes) and VM management
- Familiar with system configuration management tools (ex. Ansible, Salt Puppet)
- Familiar with development, build and continuous integration environments (ex. Git, Jenkins) and branching strategies
- Exposure to tools for performing compliance scanning and code analysis (ex. Fortify)
- CI/CD [very important – deploying several times a week]
- Strong background in ECS, Lamda, Cloudformation
- In-depth knowledge of Jenkins or similar Continuous Integration tools.
- Good hands on experience on Python, bash, or any other scripting language.
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions including DataDog, CloudWatch, Pager duty
- Experience with JSON, YAML, CloudFormation a plus
- Experience with integrating static and dynamic scanners in the S-SDLC
- Solid understanding with messaging systems like RabbitMQ, Kafka etc.
- Good command on mutual authentication, networking concepts, DNS, ACls and vips.
Our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.