MORSCO SUPPLY LLC
Category: MSC Jobs
Position Type: Full time
The Director of Logistics and Fleet is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing all aspects of logistics, transportation, and fleet operations within the organization. This role aims to optimize processes, reduce costs, and enhance overall operational efficiency.
- Strategic Development: Develop and implement a comprehensive domestic and international logistics and fleet strategy to align with the organization's overall objectives and growth plans.
- Performance Metrics: Develop and implement key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of logistics and fleet operations.
- Team Management: Lead and mentor a team of logistics professionals and support staff, ensuring effective communication, training, and performance management.
- Technology Integration: Implement and leverage technology, such as transportation management systems (TMS) and fleet tracking software, to enhance operations and visibility.
- Continuous Improvement: Continuously identify areas for process improvement and implement best practices to enhance logistics and fleet operations.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations, as well as industry-specific standards, including safety, environmental, and transportation laws.
- Cost Management: Monitor and control logistics and fleet expenses to meet budgetary targets, while identifying opportunities for cost reduction.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate risks associated with logistics and fleet operations, including accidents, theft, and supply chain disruptions.
- Vendor Relations: Negotiate contracts and maintain relationships with transportation providers, suppliers, and third-party logistics partners to ensure cost-effective services.
- Route Planning: Efficiently plan and optimize transportation routes to minimize costs, reduce fuel consumption, and meet delivery schedules.
- Third Party: Manage third party international freight forwarders, domestic truckload and LTL, and small parcel delivery providers.
- Fleet Management: Oversee the maintenance, acquisition, and disposal of company vehicles, ensuring they are well-maintained, efficient, and compliant with regulations.
- Fleet Management Strategy: Develop and implement a comprehensive fleet management strategy that aligns with the organization's objectives, ensuring the optimal use of fleet resources.
- Fleet Operations: Oversee the day-to-day operations of the fleet, including maintenance, repairs, inspections, and replacement schedules.
- Vehicle Acquisition and Disposal: Manage the acquisition of new vehicles and the disposal of older or surplus vehicles, considering budgetary constraints and the organization's needs.
Key Competencies and Skills Required
- Business Savvy – Demonstrates a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth.
- Coaching and Developing Others – Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities, planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Compelling Communication – Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention.
- Driving Execution – Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Inspiring Excellence – Driving high standards; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; defining success by goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Leading Change – Driving organizational and cultural changes needed to achieve strategic objectives; catalyzing new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services; helping others overcome resistance to change.
- Leading Teams – Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate, and guide the team to attain successful outcomes and business objectives.
- Operational Decision Making – Securing and comparing information from multiple sources to identify business issues; committing to an action after weighing alternative solutions against important decision criteria.
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain management, business administration, or a related field. A master's degree is often preferred.
- Proven experience in logistics, transportation, and fleet management, with a track record of success in a similar leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of transportation regulations, safety standards, and industry best practices.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Proficiency in using logistics software and technology tools.
- Strong negotiation and vendor management abilities.
- Adept at strategic planning and execution.
- Licensed Customs Broker
Our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
Medical and Dental Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
Company-paid Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO) – plus paid holidays
Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional Voluntary Benefits through Corestream
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! Reece USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer— Employer Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, and any other status protected by law.