Eastern Industrial Supplies, Inc.
Distribution Associate – 2nd Shift
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
2nd shift Distribution Associate
Eastern Industrial Supplies of Greenville, SC is looking to hire a 2nd shift Distribution Associate. Do you consider yourself sales-driven and goal-oriented? Are you looking for an opportunity to take your career in operations management to the next level? Would you like to work for a family-owned wholesale distribution company that values its employees? If so, please read on!
This distribution associate will work from 1:30pm-10:00pm, earning competitive pay and great benefits – including medical, dental, disability, a 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick time, and paid “Eastern Cares” days. If this sounds like the right opportunity to use your business and sales skills in wholesale distribution, apply today!
ABOUT EASTERN INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES
Eastern Industrial Supplies specializes in the quality distribution of pipes, valves, and fittings (PVF), as well as commercial plumbing products. We opened our doors in 1980 in Greenville, SC and our growth has led the company into Southeast markets including NC, SC, FL, GA, TN, and AL. We focus on exceeding customer expectations and honoring God in all we do by caring for people, continuously improving, and growing profitably.
We have built a culture of caring in which people are always more important than profits. Each member of our team is truly valued. We are a family-owned and operated company, and the culture of being a family also resonates through all associates – just ask them!
Summary Position Description: Verifies quantity, quality, labeling, and addressing of products and items ready for shipment as well as loading trucks and receiving product as needed, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Pulls orders for shipment from warehouse inventory including inter-company orders for delivery. Verifies the accuracy of all shipments. Pulls all orders for next day shipment before leaving work.
- Stages and prepares orders for shipment while making sure the items are packaged neatly.
- Separates material to shipping points. Loads outgoing shipments onto trucks and ships orders on common carriers. Ensures all tagged material is double checked before shipment.
- Fills bin areas to keep the products available for pulling orders. Keeps racks and bin areas neat. Also maintains the cleanliness of the warehouse and grounds.
- Organizes pallets and stacks in a safe area. Stages all material in the proper area.
- Reports to the supervisor/manager any improvements or areas of concern.
- Completes all shipping paperwork in a timely manner and notifies salesperson if the material is short.
- Counts, weighs, measures, or examines packaging and contents of items for conformance to company specifications.
- Assists the 2nd shift supervisor as needed on checking trucks, loading pipe and other duties as needed.
- Reports for work on time and on a regular basis.
READY TO JOIN OUR WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTION TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you have the right business and sales skills for this Branch Operations Manager job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace