Website First Supply LLC
First Supply is seeking an exceptional Customer Service Consultant to enhance our team of dedicated professionals. Do you have the ability to build relationships by having educational and informative conversations that promote our products and resolve customer issues?
As a Customer Service Consultant with First Supply you interact with customers to provide a Best-In-Class Customer Experience and respond to general plumbing and/or HVAC related inquiries about product application and troubleshooting. Do you have patience, attentiveness, product knowledge, and the ability to communicate clearly in a results driven environment? Your hard work will be rewarded with competitive compensation, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement.
If you meet the skills and qualifications below, we encourage you to take charge of your career and APPLY with First Supply TODAY!
- Promptly answer telephone calls in a professional manner from customers placing an order or requesting information on specialized technical specifications, pricing on such product or availability of product
- Quickly and effectively find creative ways to meet customer’s needs
- Identify and propose solutions that benefit all parties involved; or escalate critical issues to the most appropriate personnel to handle the situation
- Determine and set pricing on products and services as needed to respond to customer requirements while meeting First Supply LLC’s profit objectives
- Recommend products and provide service to customers, based on customer’s specific needs
- Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items to customers; and recommend to Purchasing any stock level issues
- Meet customers to demonstrate and explain features of products; and instruct customers in use of products
- Prepare and present quotations to meet customer needs
- Accurately enter customer sales orders onto the business system
- Ensure product orders are shipped in a timeframe to meet customer’s needs
- Obtain accurate information from vendors relating to shipment dates, expected date of delivery, etc. for direct & special orders; and provide to customers to help build or maintain good working relationships
- Identify and develop profitable new sales opportunities
- Contact or visit potential customers to evaluate their needs, and promote the sale of products and services
- Gather competitive information from trends in the industry or marketplace and develop plans for opportunities or problems
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction and make recommendations
- Identify and make recommendations for change for any unusual or repetitive technical service-related problems with products
- Stay abreast of product developments, changes in local codes and consumer preferences and notify appropriate personnel for any promotional updates that may be needed
- Attend sales and product review meetings
- Attend training programs as required
- Keep records as required
- Other duties as assigned by the General or Department Manager
- Three years of related experience or equivalent training in trade fields
- Extensive product knowledge in specialized area, (i.e. Plumbing/HVAC)
- Computer knowledge and skills with the ability to learn First Supply LLC’s business system
- Ability to assess customer needs and provide customer satisfaction
- Ability to communicate information and ideas effectively with customers by telephone and in person
- Ability to identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to provide customer satisfaction; and still consider the relative costs and benefits to all involved
First Supply, family-owned and operated for over 120 years, offers its employees a great benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, company paid holidays, education assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
About First Supply
First Supply® is a leading main channel wholesale distributor providing industrial customers and building contractors with an extensive line of products and services. First Supply features manufacturer product lines in the plumbing, heating, air conditioning, builder, waterworks, pump/well & septic, industrial and municipal markets. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, First Supply has more than 700 employees in 28 operating facilities serving Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois and Michigan UP. The company has over $60 million in inventory and over $275 million in annual sales.
First Supply also owns and operates 18 Kitchen & Bath Stores in 5 midwestern states under the Gerhard’s Kitchen & Bath and Kohler Signature Store brands. Gerhard’s is the largest, most versatile kitchen & bath store in the upper Midwest. We offer a huge variety of kitchen and bath choices from contemporary to traditional styles, along with service you won’t find anywhere else. The Kohler Signature Stores are a kitchen and bath showroom that provides a distinguished Kohler experience where designers and homeowners can get hands on with hundreds of products, exclusively from the Kohler brands!
First Supply LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. In order to be selected for the position, candidates must submit to a drug test with negative results on employment offer, the ability to be bonded as defined by First Supply LLC’s fidelity bond insurance carrier and have a valid driver’s license and a driving record which meets underwriting standards.