Website First Supply LLC
As our HVAC Channel Planner/Buyer, you’ll be an integral part of the team managing and leading our forecasting needs for HVAC equipment, hydronic boilers, and installation products. You’ll be able to flex your expertise and analysis focusing on cost management, inventory parameter development and maintenance, replenishment transactions and inventory performance. Your collaboration and communication skills will be needed as you work cross-functionally with Sales, Operations, Product and Supply to manage demand changes, new product transitions, promotional activity, vendor opportunity identification, and developing market trend analysis on product and customer forecasts for 60-100 suppliers. Key metrics will include product availability, inventory turns and budget performance, supplier on-time delivery, and supplier cost.
– Execute purchase and transfer activities in accordance with inventory and availability strategy
– Maintain item attributes and configuration to drive replenishment (PO & Transfer) activities in accordance with inventory and availability strategy
– Identify and execute returns to supplier
– Build supplier relationship and performance management across defined supplier group
– Supplier cost management
– Optimize total costs including freight, inventory and purchase price
– Perform annual review of supplier lines
– Actively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional colleagues and supplier partners
– Timely resolution of discrepancies associated with responsible supplier transactions
– Develop product knowledge of assigned product lines
– Grow competencies in negotiation, supplier evaluation, forecasting, and inventory planning
– Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the Corporate HVAC Channel Manager
– 3-5 years of experience in a supply chain environment preferred
– 3-5 years of experience with HVAC and/or Hydronics is preferred
– Fluency in Microsoft Excel required
– Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Logistics, Mathematics, – – Economics or related field preferred
– CPM/CSCP preferred
– ERP/MRP experience preferred
– Satisfactory score on the Wonderlic Personnel Test and/or Caliper Assessment
– Ability to read, speak, understand and write English
– Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure
– Attendance on a regular and consistent basis
– First Supply, family-owned and operated for over 120 years, offers its employees a great benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, company paid holidays, education assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
About First Supply
First Supply® is a leading main channel wholesale distributor providing industrial customers and building contractors with an extensive line of products and services. First Supply features manufacturer product lines in the plumbing, heating, air conditioning, builder, waterworks, pump/well & septic, industrial and municipal markets. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, First Supply has more than 700 employees in 28 operating facilities serving Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois and Michigan UP. The company has over $60 million in inventory and over $275 million in annual sales.
First Supply also owns and operates 18 Kitchen & Bath Stores in 5 midwestern states under the Gerhard’s Kitchen & Bath and Kohler Signature Store brands. Gerhard’s is the largest, most versatile kitchen & bath store in the upper Midwest. We offer a huge variety of kitchen and bath choices from contemporary to traditional styles, along with service you won’t find anywhere else. The Kohler Signature Stores are a kitchen and bath showroom that provides a distinguished Kohler experience where designers and homeowners can get hands on with hundreds of products, exclusively from the Kohler brands!