Website American Supply Association
Manager of Data Intelligence & Benchmarking
Reports to: Vice President, Sales & Membership
Location: ASA headquarters in Itasca, Illinois (Northwest suburban Chicago).
We are currently seeking a motivated, experienced, and creative Manager of Data Intelligence & Benchmarking to join the American Supply Association (ASA) to expand the offering of economic, data, and benchmarking reports to support business members’ ability to make sound data-driven decisions.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a strong ability to lead volunteers and third-party economists and data providers in creating an engaging business intelligence offering. In addition, the preferred candidate will have a proven ability to identify the data and tools members need, collaborate with third-party providers in creating reports and programs, and market and build interest among the membership in these business intelligence programs and services. To succeed in this position, you must be driven and thrive in a team-oriented environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with senior leadership to develop ASA’s data-related business processes and prioritize the organization’s business information needs.
- Engage relevant stakeholders and members in developing and delivering exciting and relevant economic and intelligence reports to the membership. Serve as the voice of the association in the delivery of industry data.
- Build and maintain positive internal and external relationships with staff, vendors, members, and volunteers.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and provide analysis across multiple data sets.
- Oversee development of data collection, integration and cleaning processes, including developing data quality metrics and reporting on data quality.
- Interpret data, analyze results and implement routine data reporting.
- Collaborate and direct third-party service vendors in delivering economic trends and business intelligence information that enables the association to deliver actionable business intelligence programs.
- Deliver all internal and external communication consistent with ASA branding guidelines and in concert with the director of marketing and communications.
- Engage members in utilizing the association’s business intelligence products and services.
- Move ASA toward a long-term vision of being the source of insights and industry trends that drives innovation and improvements.
- Provide technical expertise regarding database design and development, data models, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Initiate and participate in self-development activities to stay current with the latest trends in research, economics, business intelligence, statistics or other related area.
- Display a curious mind, positive attitude and collaborative work style.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in economics, business analytics, or related field preferred, with concentration in marketing and/or marketing research. A master’s degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience preferred. Experience in a trade association or professional society a plus.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team orientated and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, marketing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, understand and articulate data and business statistics.
- Experience with a proven track record in developing and executing market research plans in support of clearly defined business needs desired.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, and Power Point, in particular).
About American Supply Association
The American Supply Association is the national industry trade association representing distributors and their manufacturers and manufacturer representative agencies serving the plumbing, heating, cooling, pipe and industrial and mechanical pipe, valves and fittings (PHCP-PVF) channel. We are committed to giving our members the ability to adapt, grow and succeed through robust programs in code, legislative and regulatory advocacy, ongoing business intelligence, employee training and education, as well as dynamic networking opportunities. ASA is on the pulse of economic, social and political trends affecting our member companies, which puts us in a unique position to advance the long-term success of our members.
To Be Considered for This Position
Submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Mike Miazga at email@example.com.