Website MRC Global
MRC Global, We Make Energy Flow.
MRC Global serves the oil and gas industry across the upstream, midstream, and downstream sectors as well as the chemical and gas distribution market sectors worldwide. We have an immediate opening for a Technical Outside Sales Representative (TOSR).
Provide direct contact for external customers in the selling of Valves, Automation, and Controls products and services and all follow-up activities needed to ensure good, future customer relations; other responsibilities will include the handling of specific, key customers.
- Analyze assigned territory for new customers and markets, and established customers and market trends;
- Perform functions of sales representatives regarding the maintenance of customer files, entering of sales orders, expediting duties, and working up price bids;
- Demonstrate product specifications to customers at the on-site location;
- Establish excellent rapport with customers in assigned territory to gain customer confidence and relationships with MRC Global, our products, and job quote;
- Conduct sales forecasts, seminars, demonstration of product specifications, and other requests for inside sales representatives and customers, as needed;
- Research and develop information on new construction projects;
- Work with Regional and local management regarding customer account information, delivery times, and customer feedback on products and services;
- Inform other MRC Global locations of actions that may incur changes to that branch’s operating procedures;
- Handle customer concerns, complaints, and corrective actions concerning MRC Global products, services, and personnel;
- Negotiate with vendors for best product prices;
- Assist in the training of new Outside Sale Representative personnel;
- Handle confidential information relating to product and resale cost and expense items;
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned;
- Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
- Valid Driver’s License with the ability to meet the MRC Global vehicle policy;
- Regional travel as required;
- Knowledge of Automation and Control material;
- Ability to work in conjunction with Sales and Marketing groups in the specification of MRC Global Controls equipment per customer requirements;
- Ability to learn new procedures and functions as needed, strong reasoning skills, reading skills, excellent business skills, excellent math skills, excellent analytical skills, and problem-solving skills;
- Typing and Computer Skills including PC software, MRC Global specific software, and knowledge of operating standard office machines;
- Strong time management, organization, and the ability to multitask;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Dependable and prompt with a strong sense of urgency;
- Ability, confidence, and integrity to take risks and work independently;
- Flexibility to provide 24-hour support to customers.
- Day 1 – Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company Paid: Short Term Disability, Long Term, Basic Life
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.