Website Northeastern Supply
The inside sales representative will work cooperatively with outside sales and other members of the distribution team to grow existing customers, create new customers and meet or exceed monthly sales quotas at the appropriate gross margin while increasing customer satisfaction.
· Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability, or specifications. · . Present price, credit, and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customers’ profitability profile.
· Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes, or returns.
· Provide accurate information regarding the availability of in-stock items.
· Obtain accurate information from vendors relating to shipment dates and expected date of delivery.
· Proactively recommend items needed by the customer to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability. · Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales, and offering promotional sale items.
· Educate customers about terminology, features, and benefits of products in order to improve product-related sales and customer satisfaction.
· Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed.
· Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
·Fill requests for catalogs, information, or samples.
· Setup and maintain customer files.
· Communicate to the purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimum 2-3 years work experience – Inside Sales, Customer Service.
· Strong customer service and/or problem-solving skills
· Must be results-oriented and willing to be accountable for results
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
· Available to work weekday or weekend overtime as required
· Bilingual Skills (Spanish) are desirable
· Requires long periods of sitting