NORTHEASTERN SUPPLY INC
Outside Sales Account Executive Outside Sales Account Executive – Golden Ring- Rosedale, MD
Category(s): Sales and Marketing
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Shift: -not applicable-
The Outside Sales representative will grow sales and increase company profits by cultivating current customers and recruiting new customers. The representative will increase profitability by promoting products, providing technical support and conducting training to new and repeat customers within an assigned territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and conduct sales presentations of products to new and existing customers.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products.
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction.
- Maintain and improve customer relationships and satisfaction.
- Visit job sites as needed to measure or provide client services.
- Gather competitive information and other market information regularly while interacting cooperatively with other members of the distribution team.
- Prepare and present quotations.
Sales Ability/ Persuasiveness
- Demonstrates ability to integrate industry partners into sales opportunities.
- Learns and demonstrates understanding of basic business analytic skills and their application to customers’ businesses (e.g., National Builder, distributor, plumber, engineer, architect, etc.).
- Assists customers in creating marketing plans and programs to grow their business.
- Demonstrates skill in prioritizing customers, product promotion, activity management, campaign deployment and training.
- Articulates the organization’s value proposition within customer business situation.
- Incorporates the selling process within proposal writing and pricing models to match company expectations.
- Builds relationships ‘ Learns the value of relationships and views building relationships as a critical success tool.
- Demonstrates effective Presentation Skills to successfully influence and communicate with various audience types and sizes.
- Manages time and schedules to be able to best serve customers.
- Learns and demonstrates competence with customer organization and stakeholder models.
- Adds value to customer and internal interactions by understanding customer business models.
- Uses company-provided systems for improved planning, history collection, and to adopt new behaviors.
- Plans for upcoming customer meetings with a defined time management process.
- Understands the customer’s business including metrics, definitions of success, hierarchy, decision-making, etc.
- Recognizes different customer types within the supply chain and adjusts approach with each for optimal results.
- Demonstrates active listening skills to add value to customer and internal interactions.
- Learns and demonstrates effective time management practices involving planning and scheduling daily, monthly, and annual activities and priorities.
- Learns and demonstrates ability to organize electronic and paper-based information.
- Understands budgets and budget tracking.
Navigating Within the Organization
- Learns and uses organizational resources and escalation processes for issue resolution.
- Respects and appropriately uses the internal chain of command.
- Establishes team relationships (e.g. Manager/Branch peers/Corporate network) for improved job effectiveness.
- Expands immediate problem-resolution network to include ancillary network contacts and uses internal resources (internet, industry marketing, customer service, supply chain, etc.) to get things done.
- Demonstrates comprehensive company product knowledge – and can articulate competitive advantage.
- Demonstrates comprehensive industry knowledge and can apply it to enhance decision-making effectiveness.
- Leverages a deep understanding of the company’s internal processes and policies to advise customers and develop a course of action to deliver mutually beneficial results.
Contributing to Team Success
- Operates effectively within vertical and horizontal teams.
- Assumes responsibility for team outcomes.
- Leverages team interactions for improved individual effectiveness and actively participates in team activities to share best practices.
- Exhibits positive outlook, camaraderie, and passion for the job, business, customers, and team.
- Establishes goals in line with company goals and values. Implements action plans with timelines with deliverables and measure results.
Technical / Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Learns and demonstrates competence in features and functionality of all product lines.
- Expands product knowledge base in their primary sales industry and into other sales industries.
- Demonstrates appropriate application of all product offerings and solutions in customer environments.
- Adds value to customer and internal interactions by understanding the market, customers, suppliers, and competitors.
- Understands the nuances of competitor product offerings as well as their target audience and strategies on how they reach that audience.
- Provides market specific product needs and price points.
- Conveys accurate messages, ideas, and decisions through clear verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other related software as assigned.
- Understands own organization’s profit model and makes sound decisions and recommendations to maximize.
Leading through Vision & Values
- Balances the role of strong customer advocate with the role of good company steward with resources and time.
- Follows procedures – Accurately and carefully follows established procedures for completing work tasks.
- Ensures high-quality output ‘ Oversees personal processes, tasks, and work products to ensure freedom from errors, omissions, or defects.
- Takes action – Initiates action to correct quality problems and notifies others of quality issues as appropriate.
Perform other duties as assigned. Adhere to the rules and regulations as set forth in the Employee Handbook
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Education: High school diploma/GED required.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years in similar position (3 years preferred). Product/applications experience preferred. Wholesale distribution experience preferred.
- HVAC knowlegde preferred.