Category: MSC Jobs
Position Type: Full time
The Reece USA Multi-State Payroll Specialist role is a subject matter expert empowered to deliver a positive compensation experience for our team members.
The role supports the payroll process across multi-EIN and multi-state locations ensuring timely remittance in accordance with State and Federal laws. Key tasks include identifying inconsistencies, improvement opportunities, and quality assurance throughout the payroll process. Key qualities are customer service approach and Excel skillset.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Fulfill day-to-day functions of the Payroll department including but not limited to: Accurate payroll processing of the biweekly, commission, bonus and off-cycle Workday Payroll, Transmittal of ACH, Tax and Expert Pay and submittal/approval of Time in Workday.
- Research and resolve payroll inquiries from employees, branch managers and support center office leaders.
- Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements for multi-state payroll.
- Troubleshoot the quarter and year-end audit reports from ADP and Workday.
- Assist with the year-end process of W-2’s and Tax filings.
- Assist with the reconciling of tax accounts and ability to analyze and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Process garnishment orders, withholding orders, or levies in Workday including facilitating payments to agencies.
- Assist with Workday configuration of pay components and deductions.
- Work closely with HR and Accounting to ensure accurate employee data and processing.
- Assist with internal tax filings, internal Annual Audits and research as needed.
- Assist with testing the FLSA overtime rules for multiple states in Workday.
- Participate in system implementations along with identifying, analyzing and improving business processes within our department for optimization or standards of quality.
WHAT YOU NEED TO POSSESS
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience payroll processing, including automated time and attendance system.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of federal and multi-state law relating to payroll.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Workday Software experience required.
- Understanding of FLSA, multi-state (CA, VA, CO, TX, others) wage and hour laws across most of the 50 states
WHAT YOU CAN GAIN OR LEARN
- FPC, or CPP Certification
- ADP Smart Compliance Tax Software experience
Our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.