Category: Regional Support
Position Type: Full time
The overall responsibility of this position is to perform take-offs, identify, and submit municipal and meter bids for a specified region. The person is responsible for, but not limited to, monitoring any and all bid services, qualifying potential accounts and bids, overseeing the procurement process, analyzing historic bids, and working with Branch and Regional Managers to competitively price each bid. The person will report directly to the GM of the Municipal Group, and will have interaction with inside/outside salesforce, managers, vendors and customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with GM, Regional Sales Managers, Estimators, Branch Managers, Outside Sales and Inside Sales to ensure a smooth Bid Delivery process
- Be thoroughly aware of all upcoming bids; maintain close communication on pending bids with municipal customers and engineers in addition to utilizing various Bid Data Services
- Through frequent phone and email conversations, maintain ongoing relationships with customers.
- Have a strong understanding of municipal and project specifications.
- Have a strong understanding of procurement processes, bid scheduling, and Mincron.
- Participate in training from Bid services to understand their full capacity
- Manage all bids to ensure Fortiline quotations are well organized, thorough, meet specifications and are price competitive
- Participate in training from our vendors for product knowledge
- Work with existing sales force to ensure proper follow-up with bids
- Work closely with vendors to ensure we are receiving the best pricing and customer service
- Ensure that Fortiline is getting any and all opportunities to bid the municipalities in our footprint
- Create and maintain spreadsheets to track win/loss records within a specific territory
- Ensure proper and effective verbal and phone communication with customers.
- Keep order backlog and quote front log updated and accurate in Mincron
- Play an active role in securing quick payment on all invoices. Coordinate and respond to the Credit department on all payment issues
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- General computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- A working knowledge of Mincron – Bid entry, pricing and order management
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Must have effective organizational skills – including strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Works well in a team environment
- Management, leadership, customer service skills
- Time management – understand how to prioritize and complete work within the specified timeframe
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Solid relationship building skills
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- When in the office, typical office environment – moderate noise level
- Bachelor degree preferred. Some college plus work experience will be considered
Our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.