NORTHEASTERN SUPPLY INC
Senior Windows Systems Administrator Senior Windows Systems Administrator
Category(s): Sales and Marketing
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
- Design, Implement, Manage, and Troubleshoot Physical and Virtualized Windows 20008R2 and Windows 2012 Servers running an Active Directory Network supporting 300 Users across PCs and thin clients.
- Fail Over Clustering
- Distributed File System
- Cluster Shared Volumes
- Hyper V Virtualized Servers
- Hyper Gird Hyper converged 4 Node Server
- Storage Area Networking and iSCSI
- Virtualized Data Center Backups and Disaster Recovery
- Altaro HyperV Backup
- Design, Implement, Manage, and troubleshoot IPv4 Network consisting of 35 locations spread over 5 states.
- Core and Edge Routers
- Firewalls (Sophos)
- Dell & Net Gear Managed Switches
- Wi-Fi Access Points
- Barracuda Appliance products. Web Filter & E-Mail Filtering
- VLANS and multi subnet networking.
- Troubleshooting branch location ISP and VPN connectivity issues.
- Network services DHCP, DNS, WINS, etc.
- Utilize packet sniffers such as wire shark to trouble shoot networking issues.
- IP Routing
- Manage, and Troubleshoot existing Storage Area Networks connected via fiber and ISCSI networks.
- Equal Logic PS4100X SAN
- IBM V3700 SAN
- Hyper Grid
- Quantum RDX 8000
- Manage, and troubleshoot existing Exchange 2010 Server. Perform migration to Exchange Server 2016.
- Microsoft Server Clustering
- Microsoft Terminal Server Clustering and Remote Desktop Services.
- IGEL Linux based thin client Centralized Management and Configuration.
- Deploy new thin clients to branch locations.
- Proficient with PowerShell and scripting.
- Linux System Administration. Red Hat or Cent OS.
- Perform Daily backups and testing of disaster recovery. Weekly Tape/Disk Swaps.
- Monitor network and server logs.
- Reboot, Update, Replace Critical Infrastructure After Hours and Weekends
- Troubleshoot end user IT issues.
- Maintain and Manage Print Servers and Non-Hardware printing issues.
- Ordering, configuration, and roll out of end user equipment such as workstations and printers.
- Manage new branch turn ups. Wiring install via vendor. New equipment ordering and setup.
- Troubleshooting and repair of existing equipment.
- Mount new equipment into server racks.
- Ability to lift 70 LBS+.
- Willing to learn new technology and cross disciplines.
- Ability to train others and document policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date on latest technology innovations and best IT practices.
- Occasionally work on a weekend to apply firmwareOS updates, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- 10 years of experience in a similar role preferred – Networking and IT.
- Strong analytical skills, mathematical and/or problem solving skills.
- Must be results oriented and willing to be accountable for results.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Available occasional weekends as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.