Eastern Industrial Supplies, Inc.
Warehouse Associate & Delivery Driver
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Distribution/Warehouse/Delivery Driver/Material Handler
Eastern Industrial Supplies in Augusta, GA is looking to hire a Distribution Associate & Delivery Driver. Our distribution associates earn competitive pay and great benefits – including medical, dental, disability, a 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick time, and paid “Eastern Cares” mission days. If this sounds like the right opportunity to use your skills in wholesale distribution, apply today!
ABOUT EASTERN INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES
Eastern Industrial Supplies specializes in the quality distribution of pipes, valves, and fittings (PVF), as well as commercial plumbing products. We opened our doors in 1980 in Greenville, SC and our growth has led the company into Southeast markets including NC, SC, FL, GA, TN, and AL. We focus on honoring God in all we do by caring for people, continuously improving, and growing profitably.
We have built a culture of caring in which people are always more important than profits. Each member of our team is truly valued. We are a family-owned and operated company, and the culture of being a family also resonates through all associates – just ask them!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A Driver/Distribution Associate
Summary: Performs activities associated with filling, shipping, and delivering orders for industrial pipe, valves, and fittings and commercial plumbing supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives truck to destination. Assists customers in material unload and checks material to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations. All log information must be calculated and turned in daily along with all safety and pre-trip checklists.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions. Ensures deliveries are routed to meet customer expectations.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water. Reports all safety issues of the truck. Maintains a neat and clean vehicle.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- Pulls orders for shipment from warehouse and pipeyard inventory including customer and inter-company orders for delivery. Verifies the accuracy of all shipments. Pulls all orders for next day shipment before leaving work.
- Stages and prepares orders for shipment while making sure the items are packaged neatly.
- Completes all shipping paperwork and computer entry in a timely manner and notifies salesperson of discrepancies.
- Checks all material received including customer returns against the purchase order, vendor packing lists, or other documentation. Checks the packing lists to verify material is being delivered to the correct place before unloading the skids.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3-6 months of related warehouse, forklift or driving experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Medical Certificate/Health Card in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations. Driver’s License.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this job in wholesale distribution, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Location: Augusta, GA 30901
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace