NORTHEASTERN SUPPLY INC
Counter/Warehouse Associate Counter/Warehouse Associate – Lorton,VA
Category(s): Warehouse Operations
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Shift: -not applicable-
The Counter Salesperson will increase sales and customer satisfaction by efficiently and courteously assisting walk-in and telephone customers in the selection and acquisition of needed products, by applying technical knowledge to satisfy customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Pulling, filling, packing and setting up orders for delivery or pickup.
- Maintain the ability to determine the status of an order at any given time.
- Follow any special instructions pertaining to an individual order.
- Receive shipments, log into inventory, maintain inventory through audits.
- Process returns accurately.
- Service customers at the counter by taking orders and entering them into the system accurately; giving priority to regular accounts.
- Use electronic and published catalogs to provide product, pricing, and availability information to customers.
- Follow company pricing and credit guidelines.
- Solve or find someone to quickly solve customers’ problems.
- Retrieve orders from warehouse quickly and accurately.
- Maintain proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required.
Sales Ability/ Persuasiveness
- Advises and actively upsells customers on complimentary products be-yond the original order.
- Sells & promotes the items and products that we stock ‘ provides alternative suggestions to customers who request other products, and successfully converts initial customer requests to stock brands.
- Understands and explains how the company differentiates from our direct and indirect competition.
- Demonstrates effective Presentation Skills to successfully influence and communicate with various audience types and sizes.
- Analyzes customer’s current and future needs to quickly determine if they can be helped at the Counter or if they need to be passed to the next level of customer service / sales.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Meets and greets all customers at point of sale with service, respect, and knowledge.
- Adds value to customer and internal interactions by understanding customer business models.
- Recognizes different customer types within the supply chain and adjusts approach with each for optimal results.
- Demonstrates active listening skills to add value to customer and internal interactions.
- Conducts themselves in an acceptable and polite fashion in the workplace to both customers and coworkers.
- Keeps and maintains a neat counter area and product displays.
- Learns and demonstrates ability to organize electronic and paper-based information.
Navigating Within the Organization
- Learns and uses organizational resources and escalation processes for issue resolution.
- Respects and appropriately uses the internal chain of command.
- Establishes team relationships for improved job effectiveness.
- Demonstrates comprehensive company product knowledge – and can articulate competitive advantage.
- Demonstrates comprehensive industry knowledge and can apply it to enhance decision-making effectiveness.
Contributing to Team Success
- Assumes responsibility for team outcomes.
- Leverages team interactions for improved individual effectiveness and actively participates in team activities to share best practices.
- Exhibits positive outlook, camaraderie, and passion for the job, business, customers, and team.
Technical / Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Identifies buying habit changes and relays that information to appropriate people within the organization.
- Learns and demonstrates competence in features and functionality of all product lines.
- Demonstrates appropriate application of all product offerings and solutions in customer environments.
- Adds value to customer and internal interactions by understanding the market, customers, suppliers, and competitors.
- Conveys accurate messages, ideas, and decisions through clear verbal and written communication.
- Maintains professional appearance according to the employee hand-book.
- Attends and participates in all meetings and events necessary for team success.
- Identifies and diagnoses the root of problems and takes uses strategic steps to solve or prevent new or recurring problems.
- Follows procedures – Accurately and carefully follows established procedures for completing work tasks.
- Ensures high-quality output ‘ Oversees personal processes, tasks, and work products to ensure freedom from errors, omissions, or defects.
- Takes action – Initiates action to correct quality problems and notifies others of quality issues as appropriate.
Perform other duties as assigned. Adhere to the rules and regulations as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to learn.
- Experience: Product/applications experience preferred. Wholesale distribution experience preferred.
- Physical: Must be able to lift up to 75lbs. Must be able to stand on your feet up to 8hrs daily.
- Frequent stooping, squatting, stretching, bending and lifting are required to reach inventory items.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions