NORTHEASTERN SUPPLY INC
Inside Sales Inside Sales/Counter Sales- Eldersburg, MD
Category(s): Sales and Marketing
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Inside Sales/ Counter Sales representative will work cooperatively with outside sales and other members of the distribution team to grow existing customers, to create new customers and meet or exceed monthly sales quotas at the appropriate gross margin while increasing customer satisfaction. This position will also help customers that walk -in to the Branch for service and assits customers that call into the store.
- Present price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customers’ profitability profile.
- Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items.
- Obtain accurate information from vendors relating to shipment dates and expected date of delivery.
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed.
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
- Fill requests for catalogs, information, or samples.
- Setup and maintain customer files.
- Communicate to the purchasing department any unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products.
Sales Ability/ Persuasiveness
- Confident and passionate about selling. Always closing and asking for the sale.
- Actively upsells customers on complimentary products beyond the original order.
- Sells and promotes the items and products that we stock ‘ provides alternative suggestions to customers who request other products, and successfully converts initial customer requests to stock brands.
- Understands and explains how the company differentiates from our direct and indirect competition.
- Promotes current programs and sales.
- Articulates product feature and functions clearly through verbal communication.
- Solves customer needs by recommending products or services that con-tribute to their level of satisfaction.
- Educates customers on how the organization differentiates from its competitors.
- Follows-through on commitments (communication, bids, existing sales orders, etc.) made to customers.
- Learns and demonstrates understanding of basic business analytic skills and their application to customers’ businesses (e.g., builder, contractor, plumber, engineer, architect, etc.).
- Articulates the organization’s value proposition within customer business situation.
- Incorporates the selling process within proposal writing and pricing models to match company expectations.
- Adds value to customer and internal interactions by understanding the true needs of the customer and their business model.
- Uses company-provided systems for improved planning, history collection, and to adopt new company behaviors.
- Organizes work time to maximize efficiency with a defined time management process.
- Drives the account planning process to define and track progress toward revenue, mix, and profit objectives.
- Understands the customer’s business including metrics, definitions of success, hierarchy, decision-making, etc.
- Meets and greets customers at the point of sale with service, respect, and knowledge.
- Recognizes different customer types within the supply chain and adjusts approach with each for optimal results.
- Demonstrates active listening skills to add value to customer and internal interactions.
Contributing to Team Success
- Understands their role as it relates to outside sales, and effectively coordinates information with those roles on projects and quotes.
- Know your branch, department, and individual budget goals.
- Operates effectively within vertical and horizontal teams.
- Assumes responsibility for team outcomes (success and/or failure).
- Leverages team interactions for improved individual effectiveness and actively participates in team activities to share best practices.
- Exhibits positive outlook, camaraderie, and passion for the job, business, customers, and team
- Establishes goals in line with company goals and values. Implements action plans with timelines with deliverables and measure results.
- Builds relationships ‘ Learns the value of relationships and views building relationships as a critical success tool.
- Learns and demonstrates effective time management practices involving planning and scheduling daily, monthly, and annual activities and priorities.
- Learns and demonstrates ability to organize electronic and paper-based information.
Navigating Within the Organization
- Learns and uses organizational resources and escalation processes for issue resolution.
- Respects and appropriately uses the internal chain of command.
- Establishes team relationships (e.g. Manager/Branch peers/Corporate network) for improved job effectiveness.
- Expands immediate problem-resolution network to include ancillary network contacts and uses internal resources (internet, industry marketing, customer service, supply chain, etc.) to get things done.
- Demonstrates comprehensive company product knowledge – and can articulate competitive advantage.
- Leverages a deep understanding of the company’s internal processes to advise customers and develop a course of action to deliver mutually beneficial results.
Technical / Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Understands how products work together and proactively offers them to the customer when they call in their orders.
- Analyzes customer’s needs quickly to determine if they need to be passed to a technical expert.
- Learns and demonstrates competence in features and functionality of all product lines as well as their application in consumer environments.
- Expands product knowledge base in their primary sales industries and into other sales industry through professional training (BlueVolt, ASA, Vendor/Manufacturer trainings).
- Adds value to customer and internal interactions by understanding the market, customers, suppliers, and competitors.
- Understands the nuances of competitor product offerings as well as their target audience and strategies on how they reach that audience.
- Provides market specific product needs and price points.
- Conveys accurate messages, ideas, and decisions through clear verbal and written communication.
- Maintains professional appearance according to the employee hand-book.
- Attends and participates in all meetings and events to add to team success.
- Demonstrates proficiency with related computer systems and applications (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, etc.).
- Understands own organization’s profit model and makes sound decisions and recommendations to maximize.
Leading through Vision & Values
- Balances the role of strong customer advocate with the role of good company steward with resources and time.
- Knows and understands our company history, mission, vision, and values.
- Follows procedures – Accurately and carefully follows established procedures for completing work tasks.
- Ensures high-quality output ‘ Oversees personal and team job processes, tasks, and work products to ensure freedom from errors, omissions, or defects.
- Takes action – Initiates action to correct quality problems and notifies others of quality issues as appropriate.
Perform other duties as assigned. Adhere to the rules and regulations as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Education: High school diploma/GED required.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years in similar position preferred. Product/applications experience preferred. Wholesale distribution experience preferred. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities. Bilingual Skills (Spanish) are desirable.