Category: MSC Jobs
Position Type: Full time
The Credit Representative is responsible for assisting the overall accounts receivable portfolio assigned to them as it relates to credit, collection and communication needs. This includes contacting past due customers for payment, monitoring lien/bond expiration timelines and filing claims as required, researching and resolving all customer/branch inquiries/payment discrepancies, reviewing/approving customer credit limits for new and existing customers and maintaining a regular communication cadence with branch teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Analyze information received from customers and various credit services
· Approve credit limits within assigned authority, both unsecured and secured risk
· Follow closely the course of aging accounts and determine action needed
· Perform collection calls for accounts
· Process lien waivers
· Review lien / bond filing dates to ensure collectability of AR portfolio
· Follow all required state/federal lien and bond laws for branches assigned
· Reconcile short pays and Unapplied Cash on branch accounts
· Follow up on disputes timely and work with Regional/Branch and salesman to resolve
· Facilitate placement of accounts with collection agencies and recommend legal action when necessary
· Communicate regularly with Regional / Branch and salesman regarding collection matters
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Visit customers and branches as needed
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
· Prefer 4-year college degree in business, accounting, finance or prior business to business collections experience with some college course work
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
· Prior collection experience, distribution, wholesale or manufacturing preferred
· A customer service mindset
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written
· Goal/results oriented
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
· Ability to handle stress successfully
· Ability to manage time and multi-task
· Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
· General computer skills (Windows, Office, Excel)
· Ability to problem solve and use good judgment on decisions
· Ability to work as part of a team in a fast pace environment
Following is a list of physical and mental requirements identified as necessary to achieve the essential functions of this role:
- Attendance – Ability to maintain the scheduled days and hours, including onsite presence at the assigned location as specified.
- Physical Capacities – Lift up to 25 pounds on occasion, sitting and standing for extended periods.
- Operation of Office Equipment — Job requires operation of equipment common to office settings, including computers, copiers, and other office equipment, including Near Vision, Manual Dexterity, and working in proximity to equipment.
- Oral Communication Skills – Speaking, Speech Clarity, and Speech Recognition.
- Written Communication Skills – Writing, Reading and Written Comprehension, and Written Expression.
- Mental Capacities – Achievement/Effort, Active Listening, Adaptability/Flexibility, Analytical Thinking, Attention to Detail, Category Flexibility, Concern for Others, Cooperation and Coordination, Critical Thinking, Deductive Reasoning, Dependability, Independence, Inductive Reasoning, Information Ordering, Initiative, Innovation, Maintenance of Relationships, Integrity, Oral Comprehension and Expression, Problem Sensitivity, Selective Attention, Self-Control, Service Orientation, Social Orientation, Social Perceptiveness, Stress Tolerance, Support, and Time Management.
Our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
Medical and Dental Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
Company-paid Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO) – plus paid holidays
Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional Voluntary Benefits through Corestream
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! Reece USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer— Employer Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, and any other status protected by law.